Friday, May 18, 2012

Preschool Graduation


The day I've been dreading just got one day closer. Last night was Anna's preschool graduation which means that kindergarten is one day and one huge milestone closer. I'm a wreck everytime I think about it, some people think I'm over dramatic but those people don't get to be Anna's mom. I've tried writing this post a few times already by listing off all the wonderful things I love about Anna and what I will miss when she's gone all day but there aren't words for her. She is the sweetest kindest person that I have ever known. I think I hear almost daily "mom I love everyone in the whole world even the bad guys" and she truly does. She was shocked and came running in one day to let me know that one of her friends didn't love the bad guys! And she doesn't just love the bad guys she loves EVERYONE.
She is my right hand girl helping me all day everyday. She lets me know when I forget things, she helps me out to the point I have to be so careful not to take advantage of her goodness and she keeps me laughing until I'm sick daily.
   However yesterday I was reminded of the most important reason she will be leaving me next year. At the graduation they asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. And the answers were adorable! There were doctors, paleontologist, Iron Man, Captain America and every other cute answer that little 5 years olds can come up with. I was sitting there trying to guess what Anna would say, I guessed either a mom or artist because that's what she's been talking about lately. But I got the biggest lump in my throat when they announced that she wanted to be a missionary.
   I was reminded that it just wouldn't be right to keep her to myself. I was reminded of the light that Anna brings into the world with her insane kindness.It's a viscous overly critical world out there full of people who can only see negative, it has been one of the biggest blessings of my life to be with Anna and her insane ability to only see beauty and good in this world and everyone in it. I know that she does not need to wait until she grows up to be a missionary and share this light with others.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment