Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Into the Wild

1)So after being on the road for a month I thought I brought the wrong kids home with me. I have never seen anything like it. It was whining and tantrums like I've never seen them before and as most people know... I don't do whining. I start to twitch and my teeth begin to clench and my nastiest side comes out. However, now that we've had almost two weeks to recover I think maybe I brought the right kids home after all. We went out tonight and it was sheer insanity and as crazy as it sounds it was wonderful. Nelson threw a Costco container of raspberries up like confetti and Travis and I sat and laughed as we picked all of them up off the ground, happy to have our insane kids because I will pick wildness over whining any day.

2)Our friends Blasi, Jared and their kids are in town from Wyoming and we've been having a blast with old friends.

3) We rode our bike about 6 miles round trip to piano lessons and Anna did awesome.

4) My garden is growing one bean.

5) I heard the words "I'm worried" come out of Travis' mouth for the first time ever as he studied for boards and I finally realized how serious this all is.

6) Travis studied

7) Travis studied

8)Travis studied

9) Travis studied

10) The missionaries stopped by to check in on how my efforts in sharing what I prize most is coming along. I realized after they left that it has been exactly 10 years ago from today that I left for my mission. It was a good time for some self reflection of these past ten years and what has become of my testimony. Coming home from my mission was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had. As people leave their missions they usually use the words bitter sweet. Getting ready to leave for me was nothing but bitter. I loved EVERY second of my mission. I had no desire to leave the wonderful people of Spain. However, actually coming home was the sweetest experience of my life as I realized the spirit can be felt just as strongly in "normal" life as it can for a missionary. I told myself it was up to me when I lost it. As I reflected on that today I realized there is a lot more I can be doing to feel that spirit in my daily life and even more to share the joy I have with others. It's always wonderful to have those  days where the you can almost feel the Lords invitation to try a little harder and end the day feeling a renewed commitment and love for him as his perfect gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment