Wednesday, November 28, 2012

12 on Thursday

1. We had the greatest Thanksgiving with Tyler and Kristy, then we did it again on Friday night because we had so much food. I LOVE having them live by me.
2.We went black Friday shopping with all 4 kids and no stroller for 3 hours and laughed about the craziness the whole time.
3.We went to our new branch and LOVED it. Travis said for one of the first times ever he shared my level of giddiness.
4. I got called as Mia Maid adviser and have not stopped smiling. I mean come on it is the greatest calling in the church. Just the sweetest, easy to please group of girls. AS RS president I had to deal with a couple of guys who told me some really mean things about myself. It kind of shook my testimony of the treatment of women in the church. I prayed for a calling that would help rebuild my testimony of women in the church and that I could have an easy to please group to work with. I know my prayers were heard and I'm so excited to rebuild as I testify to these girls of their worth and build their confidence without having to worry about others seeking to tear mine down. While in our lives as women in the church we may deal with some mean guys, I hope to always remember that is not the attitude of the Savior towards women. In his eyes women are cherished, loved, repected,honored and every other good word out there.
5.We decorated for Christmas and Nelson has asked me everyday if it's Christmas.
6.I took a stab at teaching my kids piano while Karissa is gone for 2 months. It went pretty well I think for being clueless.
7.We went bowling and Nelson was hilarious. I've never seen someone get so excited to get one pin knocked down.
8. Nelson threw an entire bottle of nail polish all over the carpet. It was not as cute as bowling but a little nail polish remover and hair spray goes along way.
9. I had my 14 week checkup and all is well! Cute little thing is the size of a lemon.
10. We had the most amazing asian meal with Tyler, Kristy and the Stu Zoo. Did I mention I love where I live?
11. Travis got all his rotations figured out for next year. Bitter Sweet for sure he got all the programs he wanted for the exact month he wanted them and he is equally excited for each one. We feel so blessed. It was like a giant geography lesson as we studied cost of living, school, economy etc. I learned so much about the country and it was so fun but it will be hard when he's gone for so long.
12. We went to the Omaha Temple and the children museum. Emilyne was so cute with the balls there she couldn't get enough of them.



1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time imagining that anyone could invent something unkind to say to you! I am sorry that that happened. I bet that you were an AMAZING relief society president and now, how lucky are those Mia Maids? I wish I could come along and hang out while Travis is gone to help you pass the time. You make even lying on the floor fun! :)

    ReplyDelete