Thursday, November 1, 2012

Beggars Night

So here in Iowa we celebrate Halloween on Halloween Eve. See the community is super family friendly and super alcohol friendly. So to keep the kids safe and let the adults have their fun they call it beggars night. It was adorable. We started the night off by trick or treating at the senior community across the street. They went crazy for the kids as they all sat in the lobby passing out treats. Then we went out to get some real trick or treating in.
Oh man Nelson was adorable. It seriously never got old to him. he would come yelling out of each house "I got one" and then he would have to show us what he got. I have seriously never seen a kid get so excited about every piece of candy.
So the official costumes were:
Grace: An ice skater (she got white snow boots last year and has talked about this Halloween constume since)
Anna: A fairy
Nelson: Giraffe (he decided last minute that since he's Super Why everyday he would spice it up a bit for Halloween
Emilyne: Lady bug
Travis: Elmo for trick or treating as always and for a Halloween party Sean Spencer season 4
Me: A roller derby girl "The Piecemaker" to be exact. I both lived and crushed my dreams of being  a Roller Derby girl as I realized I can't skate worth beans.








 So after trick or treating we went to our neighbors house for a little extravaganza and can I just say I love these people. Seriously we have something great going on here in Iowa with some of the funnest people you could ever meet. It was great to laugh until I was sick with some of my favorite couple ever.



1 comment:

  1. I am watching your Bieber fever Brielle clip on youtube and laughing my head off. YOu have such a cute fam! ; )

    ReplyDelete