Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Fifth Element Reprise


So I wrote this post like 2 weeks ago but it was deleted so I will somewhat write it again. I announced that I had googled creative ways to announce your preggers with number 5 and there were a total of 0 matched to my search showing just how crazy we are. Crazy or not it's true I'm pregnant with number 5!
 While pintrest doesn't have a section for 5th child announcments I did find this (http://www.ncregister.com/blog/simcha-fisher/snappy-answers-for-stupid-questions-about-your-big-family) HILARIOUS blog post that I had to share and quote a little bit.

"Guess what? I’m having a baby. Yes, another baby. Why? Because once you find something you’re good at, you stick with it.
Congratulations are welcome! Comments of “Die now, mindless breeder” will be dealt with appropriately...
Nothing, one would think, could be more personal than the choice to conceive and bear a child. And yet, as grand multiparas well know, simply leaving the house with more than two or three children is perceived as a challenge, a circus, a rebuke, a plea for help, a flag of insanity. Really all you want to do is mail a letter, buy some milk or a couple of pregnancy tests, or pay the librarian for this week’s crop of ruined books— but the world at large is sure that what you need right now, in the middle of the produce aisle, is to get into a conversation with a gawking stranger about these kids, these kids, allll these kids!
Faced with such social awkwardness, you may be at a loss for words. Some of us are able to use our conspicuous presence in public as a chance to witness to the joy of this lifestyle. Still others see it as an opportunity to ditch one or two of the slower kids in the gathering crowd."
But seriously I am even more excited about number 5 than I was about number s 1-4 why because daily I'm learning to love in ways I didn't know I could and motherhood gets more fun, spiritual, and fulfilling each day. I know the love that is coming with this baby. I'm 4 for 4 crazy about each of these kids and I don't picture that changing.
I mentioned in my original post that for me it's a little overwhelming because Travis and I were raised by seriously the two most perfect mothers. My goal is to just have a drop of them in me to offer my kids. My sweet mom, well there is not a kinder soul on the planet. Seriously she is the epitome of love and charity. I don't think she has it in her to dislike anyone. No one escapes her presence without a hug. But above all my mom LOVES being a mom. 
Young motherhood was a blast for her. Life with her was one big party. 
I talked to my childhood BFF the other day and was telling her how much fun I was having with Grace and Anna. She just laughed and said "I can imagine, I saw you and Dorthy all those years."
So mom as I begin round 5 thank you. Thank you for teaching me to love, respect and enjoy the most important adventure I will take part in my life and possibly eternity. If there is one tradition I hope to pass on to the next generation that will be it.





2 comments:

  1. WOOT WOOT!!! SO great Karen and Travis. You guys are the cutest parents ever and I am excited that someone else gets to benefit from that! He/she is SO, SO lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH, I feel that ways sometimes with just my two kiddos. I love your attitude! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete