Saturday, October 6, 2012

Iowa State Fair...check


   So after 3 years we finally made it to the Iowa State Fair this year. I was so excited because we've been trying to make it for the last two years but it just never worked out. So last year I said we would go all out this year. We would ride the rides, eat the food and have an absolute blast. Well that was the case until we got in the gates and I saw the prices. $6 for a corn dog! So even though I tried my hardest not to be the incredibly cheap person I failed. I didn't fail on the absolute blast aspet though. We had so much fun.
 While we didn't eat everything we did share 1 corn dog and a delicious ice cream sandwich.

 Saw the first place heffers
 And one that was made completely out of butter (one of the biggest attractions of the fair)
 And what better sidekick to a gigantic butter cow than the seven butter dwarfs?

Then the kids were able to play on the little hands on the farm activity which was a blast.








 I think my favorite part of it all was seeing the baby animals. They have a bunch of animals who give birth during the fair. There were day old calfs, goats, pigs and we even were there when a baby chick hatched.
  

 It was by far the most amazing state fair ever and while we were finally able to check it off one list it made it to my list of all the reasons I love Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment