Sunday, October 28, 2012

Primary Program




So today was my favorite Sunday of the year...the primary program. I remember one year as a troubled teen I had gotten mad at my parents one morning and promised myself this time I was going to stay mad for the entire day. Well that was a total bust because when I got to church I found out it was the primary program and well let's face it if you don't leave sacrament meeting after the children sing their hearts out, eat the microphone and tell you the sweetest most simple testimonies you can hear, well then you are a sick human being.
The program was perfect. The only advice I would give for future program planners is when possible put siblings together. I'm pretty sure as Anna sung her heart out she did not take her eyes off me and Travis one time. And I'm not joking when I say sung her heart out. This did however make it hard to ever look over at Grace who was on the opposite side singing her heart out but following the chorister not noticing where we were looking. It was like Travis and I had this secret plan where we were aware when the other was focused on Anna so we could take a turn looking at Grace. It was so stinking cute.
Their lines where sweet as could be.
Anna:  My favorite prophet from the Book of Mormon was Mormon because he put the Book of Mormon together so we can learn more about Jesus.

Grace:  At the beginning of the school year we were asked to bring something to school that told about us. I brought the Book of Mormon because it shows I believe in Jesus. I told my class it's a true book. One of the kids in my class asked if it was like the Bible I said yes and we read that too. I learned it's never hard to do what Jesus wants us to do.

The simple lessons of kindness, love, trying to be like Jesus, Choosing the Right and I think the part that got me the most was when they sang. I look for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again. I was reminded that of all the lessons we teach our children that message of hope that the Savior will return is so essential but kind of ironic because once again instead of me being the one who was teaching that lesson to them they taught it to me. 
Isaiah 54:13 says "All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children. I witnessed this today and have to add that seeing that peace with them brings me and even greater sense of peace. How wonderful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ and know that children truly are a heritage unto the Lord.








No comments:

Post a Comment